What are crickets?
Crickets are known for their chirping sounds, which are made by rubbing their wings together. Adult males create this sound. Although there are hundreds of species of crickets, which vary in appearance, they all share similar features. Crickets are usually about an inch long have three sets of legs and antennae.
Are crickets dangerous?
Crickets are not necessarily dangerous; however, they can cause several problems on residential properties, such as:
- They can contaminate surfaces with their feces and saliva.
- Although rare, crickets can cause rashes and painful sores if they bite. When they do bite, they are not likely to break the skin.
- In the case of a bad infestation, their excessive chirping can cause stress and insomnia for some.
- The most frustrating thing about crickets is that they can cause damage by chewing on different materials. They can damage cotton, linen, silk, wool, and more items.
Why do I have a cricket problem?
Crickets aren’t the most common pests, but they may find their way inside through cracks in exterior walls, open windows and doors, and gaps around where utility lines enter the home. They can also accidentally come in on firewood or bottled plants.
Where will I find crickets?
Crickets are pests that prefer to be outside close to food sources. Common places crickets frequent outside are under rocks, woodpiles, mulch, sheds, and similar dark and damp places.
Although they aren’t pests that like to be inside, they will hide in similar places to outside when they do get in. These places include closets, storage boxes, under appliances and furniture, and near heat sources.
How do I get rid of crickets?
Are you tired of hearing crickets? Call us at Armed Force Pest Control. Your technician will provide comprehensive pest control options in Santa Rosa to meet your unique needs starting with a thorough inspection.
We utilize a liquid product as a perimeter treatment, which creates a barrier around the foundation of your home. This treatment and others are available bimonthly. Call us today to learn more about our residential pest control program!
How can I prevent crickets in the future?
There are several things you can do to help keep crickets away from your home:
- Keep outdoor lights off when possible.
- Seal potential entry points such as cracks in the foundation, gaps around window and door frames, and replace damaged or missing screens.
- Reduce moisture in your home by using dehumidifiers, repairing any leaks, and making sure to use exhaust fans in bathrooms and kitchens.
- Regularly vacuum to remove any insect eggs before they can hatch.
- Keep your yard maintained by trimming your lawn weekly, removing piles of organic debris, and clearing excess foliage.
For assistance with crickets and other pests, contact us at Armed Force Pest Control.
Want all the latest news or updates? Browse through our blog to read our most recent posts and featured articles.