Why Do I Have Bed Bugs In My Middletown House?
May 15, 2022 - Bed Bugs
Many people are quite surprised when they discover they have bed bugs in their homes. Some might even feel ashamed. There is no need to be shocked or embarrassed if bed bugs suddenly appear in your Middletown home; any home is susceptible to a bed bug infestation. Bed bugs aren’t picky; they’ll take up residence anywhere they can hitchhike a ride to.
It is also important to know that once you have a bed bug control problem, it is extremely difficult to tackle an infestation on your own. It is strongly recommended that you contact your local Middletown pest control company for professional bed bug control. Armed Force Pest Control has been serving the Middletown area for more than 20 years, and we have the experience and knowledge needed to solve any bed bug issues you may come across.
What Are Bed Bugs?
Bed bugs are parasitic insects that feed on warm-blooded mammals, including humans. In fact, studies have shown that they prefer humans over animals. The blood they get from their host is the bed bug’s only source of nourishment. These pests reproduce at a rapid rate, and detecting the presence of bed bugs at an early stage is crucial. So how do you know if you have bed bugs?
- Bed bugs are flat, oval-shaped insects that are about 1/4 inch long. As they feed, their shape becomes more elongated.
- They are a mahogany color that turns redder after their “blood meal.”
- The younger nymphs are much smaller and almost translucent.
- You may see small fecal spots they have left on your sheets, mattresses, or furniture.
- Bite marks on your skin are also a clear indication. They will usually appear as little red welts in small groups or patterns.
If you see these bloodthirsty insects or the signs they leave behind, don’t hesitate to contact a bed bug control service for your home.
Is It Dangerous To Have Bed Bugs In My Home?
Bed bugs are not known to spread any diseases to humans and pose no serious medical health risks. You may experience an allergic reaction to bed bug bites, however. This typically results in red, itchy bumps at the site of the bite. The simple knowledge of bed bugs sharing their home has resulted in insomnia or anxiety for some people, which can cause a whole host of other medical issues.
How Do Bed Bugs Find Their Way Into Homes?
Bed bugs are clever little travelers. They will latch onto anything possible to find a way into your home or wherever they can easily locate a host. Anywhere the public travels, shops, or visits, it is possible to unknowingly pick up a bed bug and bring it home.
- Bed bugs can hop onto your clothes or luggage from public transportation spots like airports, bus stations, and train depots.
- Hotels and motels are common places where bed bugs are located.
- You could bring them home from laundromats where people are sharing washers and dryers.
- Buying used furniture and introducing it into your house before inspecting it can initiate a bed bug infestation.
As you can see, there are almost an infinite number of ways bed bugs can take up residence in your Middletown home. Nobody is immune to bed bug control issues. For effective bed bug prevention, contact Armed Force Pest Control.
How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In My House Fast?
Trying to rid your home of bed bugs is no DIY project. For the best bed bug pest control near you, simply call Armed Force Pest Control. Our highly trained technicians know the most effective bed bug control techniques for your home. Our friendly professionals can come out to your home to perform an inspection and go over our best treatment plans for your needs, so you can get a good night's sleep again.